Thursday, March 4, 2010

Tom at Stitches West

I purchased the crochet bear kit from the Mother Bear Project http://www.motherbearproject.org. It came with the pattern, a Chiao Goo bamboo G-hook, and three colors of yarn for making the bear.

I had a good time at Stitches West. I found some nice washable wool yarn in more sophisticated shades of yellow, orange, and red for another Aztec Sun round ripple afghan. On Friday morning I was at the Warm Up America! booth. I was really surprised at how many people came to the booth and how quickly we sold out of tote bags. We probably could have easily sold 200-300 bags. On Friday afternoon I had a sock knitting class that was very informative. On Sunday I had an all-day class on set-in sleeve construction. Although the class was a knitting class a lot of the information would be useful when designing a crochet sweater. I also bought some DK weight and some fingering weight yarn to make some vests for myself. I think I'll try to use the fingering weight yarn for a crochet vest.
Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment