Thursday, March 4, 2010

Cay out of the Booth

My mind is still reeling with ideas I got at Stitches West this past weekend.  I ran into a lady wearing a lovely knitted vest.  I asked if I could take her pic so I can try to recreate it in crochet.  She was thrilled to do so.  And I had just bought what I think will be the perfect yarn for this project from Newtons Yarns.  See!  A meant to be.
I chatted with another wonderful creative lady who developed a clever accessory called Yarn Pull-Eze and will be sold exclusively at Jimmy Beans Wool starting April 1.  How exciting is that?  We've all had great ideas, but this lady followed thru.
I was gifted 3 hanks of Koigu Painter's Palette Premium Merino by Merilyn of FoxyKnits.  I think I would like to make myself a shrug type wrap with this.  I'm sure I don't have enuf yarn, so am thinking of using a solid color of Baby Ull to fill it out.  Of course, looking for the perfect pattern.
I bought a wonderful wooden shawl pin, just becuz.  I've always wanted one, but I'm not a big shawl wearer.  I can't locate the receipt right this minute to tell you where I got it, but I loved her take on her shawl pins. You've just spent countless hours working up a shawl in wonderful yarn and the only thing anyone notices is the shawl pin you are wearing.  How wrong is that?  Her pins are subtle works of art.
My favorite part of the weekend, however, was the time I spent in the booth with other members of our little group.  Some of these folks I don't know that well, and I feel I know them a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment